An efficient racking system is essential for smooth loading, unloading and storage in your warehouse. Racking systems provide easy access to your inventory and help you save space and improve efficiency. Multiple types of racking exist, each having its own pros and cons. At Arnold Machinery Company, we sell many types of pallet racking systems that are well-suited to a wide range of applications.
New and Used Pallet Racking Systems for Sale
We offer numerous types of pallet racking systems, including:
- Selective: Selective pallet racking is one of the most common types of pallet racking systems. With heavy-duty shelves, sturdy vertical legs and durable horizontal support beams, selective racking makes it easy for users to select anything off the shelves. These systems are often used for hand picking, pallet storage and carton flow.
- Cantilever: Cantilever racking systems have a solid base, straight arms and vertical support beams. This design is ideal for storing long, bulky materials like lumber and pipes. The cantilever system can accommodate non-uniform, long items with greater stability than other racking systems.
- Drive-In/Drive-Thru: Drive-In racking is a high-density storage system in which pallets are stored on a first in/last out (FILO) basis. The system has one open side where items are loaded and unloaded, and forklift trucks drive directly into the bays to retrieve items. Drive-Thru racking has openings on two sides, with one side for loading and the other for unloading for a first in/first out (FIFO) approach. Drive-In/Drive-Thru systems have more limited selectability than other types, but they allow more to be stored in tighter spaces.
- Push back: A push back racking system is another type of high-density storage where pallets sit on rails and carts. When you add a new pallet, the previous pallet is pushed back for a last in/first out (LIFO) approach. Pallets in this system are stored two to six pallets deep. Push back systems are typically used for storing perishables and staging.
- Pallet flow: In a pallet flow system, pallets are loaded from the rear of the rack onto rollers, which push the pallet to the front of the rack. Pallets are loaded this way until the row is full. Then, the product is unloaded from the front for a FIFO approach. Pallet flow racking allows for a smooth loading and unloading flow to reduce forklift travel, making it an excellent option for handling products with a quick turnaround.
What Is a Warehouse Pallet Racking System?
Pallet racking is a type of warehouse racking system where inventory is stored on pallets. These systems have multiple vertical levels and horizontal rows for efficient use of vertical space that would otherwise be wasted. In a pallet racking system, forklifts are used to load and unload materials on the pallet rack shelving for faster and easier maneuvering. Pallet racks are available in a wide range of sizes and styles to accommodate all types of warehouse layouts and weight requirements.
Pallet racking systems increase your storage capacity, improve warehouse organization and simplify inventory control. They are also sturdy, reliable structures that make your warehouse a safer environment for employees and visitors.
Pallet Rack Parts
There are several main pallet rack components. Pallet rack uprights are the side supports of the structure, which determine the depth and height of your pallet racking system. Pallet rack beams connect the uprights to create pallet rack shelving space. Wire decking can also be added for additional support to prevent pallets or other products from falling.
These components are configured and installed based on several different system designs, each with unique capabilities to meet the needs of various material handling applications.
Why Buy Your Pallet Racking System From Arnold Machinery Company?
Arnold Machinery Company provides top-quality new and used material handling equipment. We are located in the western United States with stores throughout the region. You are welcome to stop in to see our products in person and chat with our friendly, knowledgeable staff about your material handling needs. Whether you are redesigning your warehouse or looking to add new equipment to your fleet, we can help you find the best solutions for your specific requirements.
Our top priority is customer satisfaction. That’s why we have a Silver Service® Guarantee, so if you are not completely satisfied, we will make it right. We do everything we can to ensure you are happy with our products and services, and we partner with you for the long term.